Community Hub (www.communityhub.cloud) is an Ohio-based tech startup with the software currently in use by leading organizations in NE Ohio. We seek a resourceful and agile full-stack developer driven by a desire to build novel communications software that enhances environmental sustainability, equity, and community resilience in the face of a rapidly changing climate and world.
“Environmental Dashboard” (ED) is a communications platform originally developed by Oberlin College faculty and students that combines real-time feedback on resource use and environmental quality with messages drawn from community members to engage, educate, motivate and empower positive change in thought and action. ED is featured in the award-winning documentary 2040. A decade of peer-reviewed research demonstrates the positive impact of this technology on communities.
Community Hub (CH) builds novel applications and software frameworks to implement Environmental Dashboards in communities and organizations. CH currently has contracts for ongoing projects in the City of Oberlin, Oberlin Public Schools, the Great Lakes Science Center, and Cleveland Metroparks. Through successful implementations in NE Ohio, our goal is to develop, disseminate and support the adoption of this communication technology for numerous communities that have expressed interest in ED implementations throughout the world.
We seek candidates who can make rapid progress in further developing and implementing a suite of software applications that include:
- A data acquisition, processing, analysis, and display hub
- Interactive digital signage display software
- A crowd-sourced community calendar, job and announcement board
- Community Voices – a community-based social marketing software
- Server management with tools like Docker, Ubuntu
- Database management using SQL, Postgres, TimescaleDB, and MongoDB
- Experience with backend technologies like Symfony, Node.js, and Express.js
- Project Management using Agile practices
- At least one year of professional experience in software development
We are looking for skilled, creative, and motivated problem solvers who are passionate about technology and community sustainability. We offer a combination of salary and earned equity in Community Hub as well as an opportunity to use your skills to positively impact people and the planet.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, contact information for three references, and resume describing relevant skills and experiences to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin in December of 2021 and will continue until a hire is made.